We collected a set of exercises, which our rehabilitologist Anna Ershova showed at the meeting in Moscow. Perform them regularly – your joints will say thank you!
By Anna Ershova
For those who have not been to the class, we explain that joint gymnastics is a set of special movements that stimulate the production of joint lubrication, which in regular execution make the tendons and muscles elastic. Joint gymnastics does not give strong loads, relying on the systematic training. Given that the modern work schedule of most even active people does not provide much time for training in general, this gymnastics will be useful to everyone.
Articular gymnastics provides exercises for all groups of joints – from the feet to the neck. Do it at the end of the working day or after your basic training. It will take a little more than half an hour to perform the whole set of exercises.
- Starting position (hereinafter “S.P.”) is standing. Kneading feet. Put foot on toe. Rolling from the thumb to the little finger on the outer side.
- S.P. sitting. Feet swing inwards, outwards. We draw circles with our feet. At the same time pull the toe of one foot towards yourself, the other – from yourself.
- S.P. sitting. One leg is straight, the other lies with its shin on its hip, the foot is turned upwards. Pull the knee down, stretch the ankle.
- Lift your legs up in turns, shake with relaxed feet.
- S.P. standing, feet together. Hands on your knees. Draw circles with knees to the left, to the right.
- S.P. standing, feet on the width of shoulders. Hands on knees. Draw circles with your knees inside, outside.
- S.P. standing. Lift the heel to the buttock, the knee looks down. Pull in three directions: inward, straight and outward.
- Do the same, lying on your belly.
- S.P. sitting. Right leg is straight, left leg is bent in the knee and lies on the right. Knee to the knee. Tilt forward. Hold for 10–20 seconds.
Change the legs.
- S.P. emphasis lying kneeling. Tilt the pelvis to the left. To the right. Make circles by pelvis.
- S.P. sitting, legs crossed. Hands on the shins. Tilt forward, bend in the lower back, tilt back, round the back.
- Same thing. Draw circles with your torso.
- Same thing. Tilt forward. Relax the back.
- S.P. sitting. Put the shin of one leg on the thigh of the other, the legs are bent in the knees. Pull the hip aside. Place the supporting leg on the heel.
For intercostal neuralgia cases
Tilt to the side using a partner, Swedish wall, espander or wall. Open up the ribs.
For pain in the soulder blades area cases
S.P. sitting. Legs straight. Wrap your leg diagonally, round your back and pull back.
For pain in the shoulders cases
- Make circles with your shoulders forward, backward, then turning at the same time the right shoulder forward, and left – backward.
- Pull a straight hand to the chest. Do not turn the back.
- Bind your hands. Elbow above elbow. Connect the palms. Pull your hands away from you. Pull your elbows down.
Gymnastics for headaches cases
Exclude movements of your head backwards. All exercises are aimed at stretching the neck forward and upwards. Do it slowly, linger in extreme positions.
- Tilt your head to the left, to the right.
- Turn to the left, to the right.
- Stretch your chin forward and then the top of the head up.
- Pull the chin to your shoulder.
- Draw a semicircle chin to chin from shoulder to shoulder.
- Draw circles with the chin.
- Lower your chin to the chest and pull down. Lift the head slowly.
- Hands above your head. Palm to palm, elbows to the side. Turn your head to the left, to the right.
- Put your hand to the side of your head. Press head on hand, the hand resists.
- Same thing, put your hands behind your head in the lock.
- Same thing, but press the forehead against the hands.
- Tilt your head to your shoulder. Put your hand on top. Stop for 20 seconds.
- Same goes the other way.
- Tilt forward, hands behind your head in the lock, elbows down, relax your muscles. Stop for 20 seconds.